Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum that Fits You

Home PageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inPartners
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 64 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:32 am
Affiliates
Help each other grow by becoming part of this list.
Latest topics
» Web browsers
Halo Reach Blowout! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 6:28 am by Rampart

» Show us your desktop!
Halo Reach Blowout! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 6:27 am by Rampart

»  What was the last movie you watched?
Halo Reach Blowout! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 5:19 am by Amonder

» What is Favourite scene from a movie?
Halo Reach Blowout! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 5:16 am by Amonder

» Who spends more in shopping? Men or Women?
Halo Reach Blowout! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 8:09 am by sefvitl

» What is your favorite PS3 game?
Halo Reach Blowout! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 6:12 am by TedMeow

» Windows 7 disk space catpure problem
Halo Reach Blowout! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 11:23 pm by moldy

» css sprites
Halo Reach Blowout! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 5:44 am by darceylambert

» Benefits of having a solar power system at home.
Halo Reach Blowout! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 3:04 am by ADDYSON45

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of on your social bookmarking website
Follow the Moldy912 Network
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Facebook
Watch us on Youtube
View Counter

Share | 

Halo Reach Blowout!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
moldy
Admin
Admin
moldy

Male Number of posts : 425
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Halo Reach Blowout! _
PostSubject: Halo Reach Blowout!   Halo Reach Blowout! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:31 am

Quote :
Halo 3's forge mode - the game's editing suite - is in for a serious revamp when Halo: Reach is released in September.

As Mike saw earlier today at Comic-Con, Halo: Reach has replaced Forge with Forge World, a vastly improved editing tool that not only lets players craft much larger maps, but also have a much more detailed method of interacting with them.

As an example, there will be multiplayer maps shipping on Reach's disc that were created using only Forge World. And that's from a dev team under crunch to get a game shipped. When the community get their hands on it, I expect amazing things to happen.
http://kotaku.com/5594307/see-halo-reachs-forge-world-in-action
Quote :
At Comic-Con today, Microsoft revealed a Limited Edition Halo: Reach bundle, packing two controllers with an Xbox 360 Slim, all in special silver casings, for $399. A copy of the game is also included. It's available Sept. 14.

The bundle will be available on Sept. 14, when Halo: Reach also launches. It will cost $399. It includes the standard Xbox 360 S configuration inside the Limited Edition, UNSC-stamped silver housing, the two silver controllers, and the game.

Xbox Live's Major Nelson added later via Twitter that: "The Halo: Reach console makes a Halo inspired sound when you turn it on, and another one (shield power up) when you eject the drive."
http://kotaku.com/5594210/halo-reach-bundle-confirmed
Quote :
Bungie brought the latest features for their latest shooter, Halo: Reach, to Comic-Con, including all-new multiplayer modes, new maps and a new vehicle. Finally, you will be able to drive a futuristic forklift in a Halo multiplayer.

For the developers final Halo game, Bungie will be adding to the popular Firefight mode by adding a few new options. Developers showed off a new Firefight options, including a new game type, Gruntpocalypse, described as "All grunts, all the time. Aim for the face," and deep, easily accessible customization options.

More warmly received by the hardcore Halo crowd was Halo: Reach's new Versus Firefight mode, which lets you play from both the Spartan and Covenant perspective in the popular cooperative mode. In the gameplay demo shown during Bungie's panel, a two-player match between Elites and Spartans went down, with a wave of Covenant soldiers warping in against a lone Bungie developer playing as a red Spartan soldier.

We watched from the perspective of a Covenant Elite armed with an energy sword. (In this one on one match, the remainder of the Covenant swarm appeared to have been AI controlled, by the way.) He showed off new, unique assassination animations for the sword weapon, vicious looking attacks that pulled out the camera to third person for cinematic effect.

Halo: Reach's New 'Firefight' Covenant Mode, Forge World, More Debut At Comic-Con

Bungie also showed off Halo: Reach's newest multiplayer vehicle, a forklift. It controls awkwardly (intentionally) and features a fully working klaxon while in reverse.

Similarly impressive was the new Forge World. Bungie revealed it by showing off Halo: Reach's remake of the map "Blood Gulch," a classic arena now known as "Hemorrhage." While exhibiting the map, an up-rezed version of Halo 2's take on "Blood Gulch," Bungie showed off a bunch of new editing tools, designed to make creating custom Halo: Reach maps easier than any other game in the series.

Those new tools included minor things, like choosing custom colors for lights, to more powerful tools, like the ability to better create and control objects, apply custom physics types to those objects and scale items like teleporters. Players can snap rotate objects, have objects phase through other objects (and the world) and easily undo changes.

While cruising through the "Blood Gulch" recreation, Bungie devs took to the skies to show us what we were really looking at: Forge World. Going "beyond the canyon" the crowd realized the "Blood Gulch" map we were seeing was just a small slice of a much, much larger environment. Forge World was actually a huge map comprised of much smaller ones, with islands off shore, cliffs and ridges cut into a huge mountain and pre-constructed areas built into rock.

Players can define the playable borders of their Forge World map and customize it, making Forge World a map editing playground, with amazing opportunities. The developer released a new Vidoc of the tool on its official site, which shows in great detail what Forge World is capable of.

Bungie also showed off the new Xbox 360 Halo: Reach edition, the new sleek, silver hardware that sneaked out earlier today. They unboxed one onstage, then gave it away to a lucky fan.

Halo: Reach is out September 14 for the Xbox 360, with plenty of support after the fact expected.
http://kotaku.com/5594250/halo-reachs-new-firefight-covenant-mode-forge-world-more-debut-at-comic+con

I will post my impressions hopefully tomorrow. Read them and tell me what you think about it.
Back to top Go down
https://themold.forumotion.com
laymes

Male Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2010-07-22

Halo Reach Blowout! _
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Blowout!   Halo Reach Blowout! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 9:37 am

I just saw this...and I am blown away. Seriously, reach is gonna be a great game. I'm gonna get it day one
Back to top Go down
moldy
Admin
Admin
moldy

Halo Reach Blowout! _
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Blowout!   Halo Reach Blowout! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 11:26 pm

I just read on their site day one people get Recon helmet. That is awesome.
Back to top Go down
laymes

Halo Reach Blowout! _
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Blowout!   Halo Reach Blowout! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 11:29 pm

Idk, I don't get how something is sought for just because it is rare, or at least something intangible. A Ferrari is completely different.
Back to top Go down
moldy
Admin
Admin
moldy

Halo Reach Blowout! _
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Blowout!   Halo Reach Blowout! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 11:58 pm

just think of it as an added bonus! a free ferrari would be nice too!
Back to top Go down
laymes

Halo Reach Blowout! _
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Blowout!   Halo Reach Blowout! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 5:54 pm

yah, I see what you mean. Everything else though is crazy awesome
Back to top Go down
myownself
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-07-21

Halo Reach Blowout! _
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Blowout!   Halo Reach Blowout! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 3:13 pm

Halo reach is gonna be amazing even though it's gonna be less like halo
Back to top Go down
moldy
Admin
Admin
moldy

Halo Reach Blowout! _
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Blowout!   Halo Reach Blowout! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 5:16 pm

True, it will be less similar but we can't think of Halo as just jump and shoot. We have to think of how it can go forward and Bungie has definitely done that for us. It will be awesome!
Back to top Go down
myownself
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-07-21

Halo Reach Blowout! _
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Blowout!   Halo Reach Blowout! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 6:49 pm

Yeah I know what you meen
Back to top Go down
laymes

Halo Reach Blowout! _
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Blowout!   Halo Reach Blowout! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 11:21 am

I like the airship fighter mode thingy. THat was AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Micafire
Gen Mod
Gen Mod
Micafire

Male Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-07-23

Halo Reach Blowout! _
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Blowout!   Halo Reach Blowout! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 2:16 am

Im so going to buy that game.
Back to top Go down
moldy
Admin
Admin
moldy

Halo Reach Blowout! _
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Blowout!   Halo Reach Blowout! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 9:55 pm

I am asking for it for my birthday as a preorder. my birthday is this weekend! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Micafire
Gen Mod
Gen Mod
Micafire

Male Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-07-23

Halo Reach Blowout! _
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Blowout!   Halo Reach Blowout! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 4:44 pm

Ima buy it once it comes out.
Back to top Go down
moldy
Admin
Admin
moldy

Halo Reach Blowout! _
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Blowout!   Halo Reach Blowout! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 2:58 am

Well, I got it on the 14th and I am amazed by how awesome this game is. Certainly not the best game ever but arguably one of the best Halos ever. I think it deserves more than a 92 on metacritic though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Halo Reach Blowout! _
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Blowout!   Halo Reach Blowout! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halo Reach Blowout!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Tech Heaven :: Microsoft-